9.21.2011

Lime Crime Chinchilla review

No need to speak or waste my time.
This colour is not for the weak or the grime.
You must be wild, eccentric, bold and legit -

You must be daring, and darling you must have IT.

Written by MatanzaBeauty

Lime Crime recently released their Lip Noir collection.  In the collection is their previously discontinued Styletto, a gorgeous berry red called Glamour 101, and a medium grey called Chinchilla.  The second I heard about these I marked the release on my calendar, vowing to be awake and online the second they launched.  Well, unfortunately I wasn't near a computer when they came out, but I got online the next day and ordered!  I didn't get the whole collection, unfortunately I'm not much for wearing black lipstick anymore, but I did order Glamour 101 and Chinchilla.  I don't regret either choice one bit.

They shipped the next day, and within three/four days I got my order in the mail.  In a hurry, I made my decision which to wear, and I wasn't disappointed.  I applied Chinchilla and ran out the door.




Webcam photo from the day I got Chinchilla. (With my pink hair.)

Chinchilla is described as a "Medium grey with lavender undertones" on the Lime Crime website.  It's vegan.  And, unfortunately, limited edition.  (But hopefully, like they did with Coquette, LC will add it to the whole collection!)  Like all Lime Crime lipsticks, it runs for $16 with a $5 shipping price.  


The lipstick goes on smooth, with a very pleasant scent.  It feels creamy, even after being on for a while.  It does have a little residue when you remove it, but it isn't difficult to remove.  Chinchilla lasts for a very long time, with little need for reapplication.

I've noticed that, though Chinchilla goes on with more of a lilac color, as time goes on it settles into a more grey color.  Though it will always have that lavender tone to it.  And sometimes it depends what clothes you wear with it (as most things tend to do.)






Chinchilla definitely draws attention.  And compliments.  I went to wait for my room mate at her work, and her co-worker kept looking over and staring.  When she commented that he was staring, he just told her that he couldn't help it because my lips were "so cool!"

All in all, I love chinchilla and when I run out they better have added it to the line!






♥ Myshappy


Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Diisostearyl Malate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Castor Isostearate Succinate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Ozokerite, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax, Phenoxyethanol, Vanillin, Capryl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vegetable Oil, BHT. [+/-] Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Yellow 5 Lake (CI19140), Red #7 Lake (CI45410, CI15850), D&C Red #6 (CI15850), Blue #1 Lake (CI42090), Yellow #6 Lake (CI15985).

1 comment:

  1. You're so prettyyyyy! I love the chinchilla on you. It fits your skin type so, so well.

    And that picture of the actual lipstick is like... professional.

    ReplyDelete