9.06.2011

Photo Session with Syl & Lime Crime Review

The other day my friend Syl came over for a fun, impromtu, photo shoot.  Something we've done for a few years now.  I enjoy doing the photos, make up, and styling.  It's just a good time.  During this shoot, most of the make up used was new to me, and mostly by Lime Crime.




Click for a larger view.

Syl brought over a bag of her clothes, and after rummaging through it I put together an outfit that could be, to say the least, a little Alice in Wonderland inspired.  So I went from there.  Choosing a more intense eye, to match the contacts she was wearing that day, and a dark lip.  The setting ended up being the cabin we have out behind our house (My previous room, actually.)  After a little while of shooting, being satisfied enough with our results, we headed back in for dinner.  All in all it was a good, fun, delicious day.


Click for a larger view.
Products used:
Eyeshadow: Siren magic dust Eyeshadow by Lime Crime
Crease: Dragon Scales magic dust Eyeshadow by Lime Crime
Liner:  generic liquid liner
Eyelashes black: Hard Candy Ginormous Lash Volumizing Mascara Carbon Black
Eyelashes white:  Prestige Liquid Eyeliner Pop Star
Primer: Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer
-
Lips: Retrofuturist by Lime Crime
Liner: generic red liner
-
Contacts: Geo Love WT-A04 Brown Circle lens from Shoppingholics.com


I hadn't used any Lime Crime eyeshadows before, and was pretty excited to get to try. Especially since I think Siren is gorgeous.  All reds are.  And Syl was nice enough to offer up her own make up for the shoot, so I got to try.  And I thought the results were wonderful.   Siren is extremely vibrant red when you put it on, especially over primer.  It stayed for hours without fading.  And the application (while a little messy because I had a brush malfuntion) was easy and effortless.

Dragon Scales added a little definition to the crease, making her eyes seem less flat (though the sparkle of Siren wasn't really what you would call flat.) I didn't use too much of it, but I know it's one of Syl's favorites.

Lastly, Retrofuturist was the prettiest cherry red.  It didn't take much to make her lips completely red.  And it went on smooth, like most Lime Crime lipsticks do.  The color didn't fade, even after a few hours had passed, and Syl had been drinking from a water bottle, and a straw.  LC lipsticks have staying power, that is certain.

All in all, I'm really looking forward to my Lime Crime purchase that's coming in the mail (Glamour 101 and Chinchilla.) And I'm going to be getting my own Magic dusts in the future.

And don't forget to look at the gorgeous Circle lenses Syl got from Shoppingholics.com.  They're a pretty golden brown, with heart details.

-Myshappy

(p.s. don't be afraid to follow my blog! <3) 

No comments:

Post a Comment