4.28.2012

A short Sakura Con report.

The first weekend of April (6-8th) was 2012 Sakura Con.  This year I actually payed the money for the full weekend pass, and a hotel room for the nights. Definitely worth the money!  SO much happened!

Unfortunately I'd rather not post some of the events (don't worry, they were good!) because, honestly, the memories are just for me.  And it would just come off as some fangirl boasting for some parts.  Before your mind wanders, nothing dirty of devilish happened. It's just a whole lot of effort to post it all, and a whole lot of emotion to relive.

So the short report of it all is that I got to see Moi dix Mois perform, and got to get their autographs.  I shook Mana-sama's hand.  It was amazing.  They are so beautiful in real life, and Mana-sama is hilarious.  The Q&A session was so funny.  Mana-sama poked fun at his band a few times.  All in all it was wonderful.

I also got to see Kanon Wakeshima perform live.  She is amazing.  Her voice is even better live than on recordings.  She's also so adorable, and very modest.

Unfortunately, no photos of either act.  We weren't allowed photography at the show or Q&A.

Another highlight was visiting the Angelic Pretty/Atelier Pierrot booth, and meeting the super sweet super awesome shop girls who worked there.

Aki, Me, Amanda Leigh, Hannah, and Mayo.



Aki, Me, Manda, Mayo, and Natsuki!!

We even got to go out to dinner with them the last night.  An expensive bill for conveyor Sushi and alcohol.  But SO worth it!  We're planning a trip down to California to go visit them.  After Tokyo, of course.  We're thinking of December, at the moment.  Though Aki may come visit sooner!

Me, Aki, Yuki Yoshida, and Hannah
The last day, while running around, Hannah and I also ran into Yuki Yoshida.  She's a local artist, one of Manda's favorites, and apparently a fan of Hannah's blog!  We chatted and took a snap before running off on our ways.

And lastly!  I met h.Naoto!!  It was AMAZING.  The cherry on top of the whole amazing wonderful fantastic weekend.

There was a fashion show, and I ended up (after a very stressful time making sure I got it) purchasing one of the pieces from the show.  A gorgeous gold dress.  One of a kind.  And h.Naoto himself told me he liked it and that it looked good.  (It's the one in the photo above.)

Naoto-san and Myself.
A lot happened over the weekend.  I got to spend time with my friend Shelby (I'll upload photos later from that!) and Adolfo.  So much crazy happened!

I will admit.  I had a breakdown on day two.  It was too much to handle.  I cried in a sushi shop.  It happend about three more times in the next few days.  It was just so much I had dreamed of since I started listening to Jrock.  Meeting Mana was just so surreal. 

It was possibly the best weekend of my life.

♥ Myshappy

Harry, Me, and Erin.


No comments:

Post a Comment