5.14.2012

Day 11 - Nabe in Shibuya

Day 11, friday, I agreed to meet Aya and her friend in Shibuya where we'd go get dinner.

Usual daily events,  computer and market.

Then I headed out to Shibuya.  Usual train route, no problems there.  I was supposed to meet her at 7pm, and was a minute or so late.  So I worried that she was waiting for me.

As it turns out, while I waited and wandered around the busy Hachiko statue worrying, that Aya got out late from work.  So EVENTUALLY she showed up, apologizing.  

I was just worried I'd read wrong where to meet her.  But it was okay.  Then we had to wait for her friends.

First, her friend Mayumi showed up.  A very cute very talkative girl.  Aya called her other friend, who said she'd be late.  So we headed over to look at a store while we waited.

Mayumi proving how she looks like the cat!

We walked around looking at things for a while, and I even ended up buying a few souvenirs for my friends.  Just have to find some for my mom now....

Aya's friend called, so we headed down to meet her at the station.  Another cute girl named Mika~  Then we headed over to a little Nabe place they all knew.  Aya kept trying to get them to talk to me in Japanese, and have me respond.  I did!  But she didn't believe me...

When we got to the restaurant...it was already closed.

We started to walk to find somewhere new, when a guy stopped us with fliers for his restaurant.  Usually we walk by them, but he was very persistent.  Mayu and Aya talked to him for a while, as he tried to convince us.  Eventually we got back on route, and found another Nabe restaurant.  So we headed in.  It was a little packed, but we got a table.

I'd never been to a Nabe restaurant so it was really cool for me.  I would definitely go again.  But I didn't fully understand it all!

Mango Highball!

We ordered drinks (Jasmine tea for lightweight Aya) and debated on what we wanted.


Mayu making one of her many faces, and Mika.

We chatted about random things while we waited, and eventually the heater was brought out to us, and the pot of delicious food to cook~  So they turned it on, and we waited.


Mayu ordered some appetizers for us.  Delicious cucumber (Which you can see behind the pot) and amazingly addictive tamagoyaki (fried egg.)


Oh my god the egg was so good I could have lived in it.  Another one of those foods you crave forever after.  I'm going to have to learn to make it like that. 


A few minutes later the food was done.  A slightly korean inspired Nabe, with tofu, beansprouts, and noodles.  And a few more things I couldn't name!

But it was good!  


More chatting as we ate, then Mayu and Mika started messing with their towels, and looking at Mayu's phone.  We had no idea what they were doing and they kept telling us not to worry about it.  Apparently, Mayu was trying to make an Elephant with her towel.

When she finally succeeded...it was actually pretty good...

Towel elephant.
We were all still hungry, so Mayu ordered more food to go into the nabe.  Some potatos, weird rice things, and meat.  

Into the pot, then into our stomachs.




We goofed around for a while, and of course ate delicious food.  Took a lot of pictures on Aya's camera.  It was really fun.

Especially how Mayu immediately made faces in every photo.


Finally we got some egg, slivered green onions, and rice for the nabe.  Just to finish it off.

A delicious and wonderful idea.

I suggest it.


Unfortunately all things can't last forever, and since the three of them had work the next day, we had to go home.  Back to the train station and back to the house.

Sad.


♥Myshappy
Shirt: h.NAOTO.  Dress: Tripp NYC.  Cardigan: Macy's

1 comment:

  1. That's cool. o.o I want to try it~!

    Also, I love your outfit and Mayu's face. <3

    ReplyDelete