5.19.2012

Day 12 - Sightseeing with the family

 On day 12 I started off by trying to make something new to eat.  A microwave "omelette" (A.k.a omelette style scramble).  It went pretty well.  With cheese and tomato in it.  Aya said we should meet later in the day, though she didn't give any details,  so I e-mailed her.

After a bit she told me I should take the train to Kajigaya station to be there around 6, and she would get off around 6:30.  She didn't tell me, but I figured her mom was going to pick me up.

So I got on the train at the right time, and went to Kajigaya.


Aya's mom and sister were about 5 minutes late to pick me up, but that was okay.  When they arrived, they apologized profusely, and her mom told me it was Saki's fault that they were late.  So we headed out.

We drove around for a little bit, before they decided to stop at a shopping center while we waited for Aya.  We went up to the top floor which was a 100en shop, and we shopped there for a bit.  I found a few things to bring home, so it wasn't a bust.

Then we headed downstairs, and out to go to the Don Quixote. Or Donki, as everyone calls it.  It's a discount store where you can find anything from food to clothes to make up goods.  Even electronics too.

I ended up finding the perfect present for Syl.  She's going to love it.  

Aya's mom and sister couldn't stop themselves from buying me cup noodles and some other random food items, so I didn't starve at home.  I don't need them to~  But it was very sweet, so I couldn't say no.


On the way out Aya's mom saw this cute little Yakiniku stand and had to get us all a snack.  It was delicious.  The guy before us got at least 20.  I was surprised.


Then we headed out to meet Aya.  Well, sort of.  We went to the store where Saki works, and has worked for 2 or so years, which I guess is right next to Aya's house!  Who knew.  So they told me to look around while they did stuff outside.  Lol, ok.

Eventually Aya showed up to we headed out.  Over to Aya's dad's friends car (Which is bigger than theirs so more people could fit.)  In all it was Me, Aya, Saki, Aya's Mom, Aya's Dad, and his childhood friend.  Cozy!

We first went to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building (A mouthful, I know.)  Which has the creepy weirdest parking lot, let me tell you.  It's just a bunch of narrow roadway, with a spot every so often.  With a bunch of "closed off" spots too....It's creepy.

But we made it alive up to the observation deck!  

On the observation deck there are a few giftshops, and a rather expensive cafe.  And a bunch of windows!  Through which you can look and see everything.




AYA IS TRYING TO EAT ME!!!




I took so many photos!  But there are way too many to put here, so when I have time I will upload them to my Myshappy days like page on Facebook (Why do I have a like page, you ask?  So I have somewhere to upload all of my excess photos with the related story attached, so I don't have to keep re-explaining myself, that's why!)  It may take a few days, so patience please!!

After looking out the windows for a while  (And Aya trying to scare me by pushing me towards the window when I was looking out....)  we looked around the giftshop.  And fooled around a bit.

There were cute and silly iphone cases.  Bacon and egg, yakisoba, and more.


Saki in a tiger hat.

We left, and decided to go to Odaiba and see the Gundam!

I WAS SO FREAKING EXCITED YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.

It took a little, but we found it!  Outside a new shopping center too.

So cool.


HE'S FREAKING HUGE!!!! DSDNAKSDNKASJDSOCOOL!!

Then we found a spot to take photos of the Rainbow Bridge.

Unfortunately my camera isn't the best, so it's not the greatest photo.  But still!


Then on to the next spot!  Aya's dad said he knew of a good spot to take photos, and he was right.  So we stopped there (And Aya who was starving, ran to the convenience store).

It was difficult to take photos, as it was too late and the dock entrance to the area was closed.  So we had to stand and look over a cement wall.  Easy for me, not so easy for people shorter than me in heels.


Me and Saki!

On to the next one!  I tried to take a picture of Tokyo Tower from far away, but Aya told me not to because we were headed there. 

Cool.




This looks fake, right?
It was pretty cool.  Though I always thought it would be a little taller...Still tall and cool though.  And very pretty up close.  Though it's hard to take different style photos with it at night.  And ones with it.  The ones we got look weird, cause of the lighting.  Like a bad photoshop!

Finally we were about done, so we headed to find food.  Which took a while.  Til we found a little noodle and chinese shop.

I got the most basic fried chicken type meal.  Which was too much food!


I ended up trying to pawn off some on Aya, but she was too full too.  And tired.

By that point it was already 1am, so they had to drive me home.  Which proved a little difficult in that...I don't know what roads are 1 way streets, and which way they go.

But I got us there!!!  Without death!

It was really a good time.  And I really appreciate how much Aya and her family have done for me.  They're really great.

♥ Myshappy

2 comments:

  1. Tokyo Tower!! How cool :D. And a present for me?? Is it a laptop? :P <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! The pictures are all so amazing! The pictures from the observation deck are so gorgeous I actually exclaimed in my living room. Baby kitty looked at me funny. I also squealed at the Gundam picture. Again, she looked at me funny.

    And Tokyo Tower? How freaking cool. Also, yes. It does look photoshopped. :P

    ReplyDelete