5.09.2012

Day 6 - Akihabara..

First I'm going to apologize for such late entries!  The internet wasn't working very well for a few days, so it wouldn't let me load very many websites.  I literally refreshed blogger about 40 times before finally giving up on it.  

I also didn't do a lot!

I look so enthused!
So the day started like any other.  I got ready, and decided (by the suggestion of Kim) to walk to Akihabara.  Kim said it was only about a 20 minute walk, very doable.  So I got dressed and headed out.
My butterfly spider earring!

Unlike the previous days, I knew I needed to eat something before I got going, so I stopped by the family mart and got an egg salad sandwich and some apple juice.  Not a terrible breakfast.

The walk wasn't bad, though it was pretty warm out.  Slightly uncomfortable so I walked on the shaded side of the road.


Random curry restaurant I passed!


Eventually I made it all the way to Akihabara!  It was kind of cool looking. So I wandered a little.  The streets were pretty crowded, though I could see it definitely being worse on busier days.

I saw some girl performing, though unfortunately I couldn't figure out who it was.  Oh well.

I didn't go into any shops though.  Unfortunately I had gotten to the point where doing things alone didn't seem very fun.  So I just window shopped until I came across a little grocery store.

Ever the shopper, I went in and looked around.  Some things were a lot cheaper at this store than the one back by the house, so I grabbed a basket and got some noodles and other items.

Did not buy, but it's so cute!

Large leg!

look at all the ume!!!

Finally I headed out, groceries in hand and headed home.

It reminded me of Cato from the Hunger Games...


Moomin at a random shop on the way home!  Very popular.

I want the Neko bus!

When I got home I bunkered down and ate some noodles, with some bean sprouts added (My favorite!) and even some kushidango I had bought.



It started to rain pretty hard.  I remembered there was a storm warning, so I just opened the window a little and watched.  Thunder happened occasionally, and it was pretty windy.  But I saw no lightning, so I was sad. : (

Eventually the storm subsided, so I headed out to go look at the Sumida river.

A lot of people decided to walk their dogs.  And a woman was even feeding a feral cat!


This pigeon thought I was out to get him...


I tried to take a video to upload, but my camera kept dying, so I didn't end up getting anything.

Once I got home I decided it was dinner time...and headed out to the grocery again.  I'm a shopper.

I got a few more noodles, some juice, and some random dinner items.

Discount tuna rolls, and takoyaki!

It was delicious.  I ended up sitting down in the living room, eating my food and watching the news.



As it turns out, the storm caused a Tornado about 40 miles from Tokyo!  I was so surprised.  I watched and learned that 1 boy (I believe a 14 year old) was killed, and around 50 people were injured.

So prayers go out to the families.



I'm sorry this entry isn't so great, it's hard to remember what happened a few days ago, and it's hard for me to write entries beforehand....

♥Myshappy

Teaser:  Shibuya again!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, short but sweet! Scary about the tornado, though. O.O (I almost put this face '^^' on accident. How inappropriate!)

    ReplyDelete