5.10.2012

Day 8 - All night Karaoke

I'd been trying to go to dinner with Aya for a few days, but she'd been busy because of work and prior plans, so finally on Tuesday she had time.  I agreed to meet her and "a friend" at Akihabara station around 7pm .  Easy enough.


So I sat around most of the day, saving my energy for the trip.  Aya gave me instructions on how to get there, but the trip said it would take three trains, and 310en....When I could walk 20 minutes for free.  Or take this other train, after a small walk.  So I chose the other train.
I headed out about 30 minutes before 7 to walk to the platform to catch the train there.  No problem.  Easy enough.  It was 2 or three stations away so I wasn't worried.

I got off the train, and didn't see the exit she was talking about... She said there were two exits, and gave me the name of the one I needed.

There were five exits where I was.  So I wandered, and found a map.  Of course there was a small walk to the actual station.  Thanks for telling me that Google Maps.

You're a pal!

So I went the direction I thought it was.  

...15 minutes later I turned around and went the right direction.

FINALLY I found the right station (There are three exits, btw.  Not two.)  I was only 30 minutes late.  No biggie. ><

I found Aya and another girl waiting.  Apologized profusely, and explained myself.  Aya introduced me to her co-worker Chiho.  She's a very cute and sweet girl!  Who speaks no English.  

Then we waited for Aya's other friend.  A nice guy named Takumi.  Okay.  Then we were off.

While they tried to call more people!


AKB48 Cafe + Shop.  We want to go!

We wandered, to find the electronics store Aya's friend Sayaka works at.  When we got inside...we wandered around looking for her for about 10 minutes.  Large store with lots of people.

Finally we found her, and Aya asked if she wanted to go to dinner with us.  She was off in 10 minutes so she said she'd meet us there.

Then we were off!  Aya kept telling her friends the same thing she told her family "Talk to her!  She speaks and understands Japanese~"  And I was like ">< no no no"  You know.  The usual.

We wound up at a cool little restaurant that served alcohol.  We weren't sure how many people would be there "Between 6 and 8"  so they gave us a 6 person spot, and we said we'd figure it out if it came to it.

They continued calling people.

Omnom Edamame.

We chatted and discussed food.  Me still being shy.  Eventually I came out of my shell.  Eventually.

Aya!

The cool touch screen ordering device.  We NEED these in America.

We sat around and ate food, drank a little, and talked.  Apparently I surprised them all by liking Momoiro Clover Z.  We all stated our favorite member, and again I surprised them.  Momoka, the green member, is my favorite.  Aya was shocked.  "She's not cute!"  PSH!  I had to defend Momoka's cuteness!  And I did.  And I have had to multiple times since...

Sayaka showed up, and shortly after another of their friends showed up.  Another nice guy named Takeo.  And we all continued chatting.  Ordering more food.  

I think we had, altogether....A Cesar Salad, Yakisoba, Yakitori, Salmon fried rice, Garlic fried rice, Edamame, Pizza, and...maybe something else.  I don't know.  It was delicious, though.  I've been craving the Yakisoba since.



Afterwards, we all headed to go do Print Club together.  I ended up chatting with Chiho and Take on the way.  It was kind of nice.  I think I only had one moment of "...I don't understand..."  So it was good!  

The first place we headed to didn't have what they wanted I guess, so we moved on.  

The girls took a bathroom break, and while we were gone somehow Takumi and Take had gotten 100en stuck in the side of an airhockey table!  I don't even know how!!!

So while they were getting help getting that fixed, all of us girls played a round of Mario Kart against eachother.  Everyone but Sayaka chose to play as Yoshi.  xD

I was doing pretty well, until the end.  I came in second, but Sayaka Peach won!

Oh well.  I still beat Chiho and Aya.

Then to print club!

The machine took photos faster than we were prepared for, so some came out distorted...  But it was fun!  I'll upload the photos when I get home, but Aya sent me two in my e-mail.  So here's one!


Afterwards we headed back to the train station.  I was prepared to say good night, and even told Aya I would walk home, so don't worry.

Sayaka ad Takeo left, and Chiho came up with a plan.

After a lot of planning and chatting...

We should totally go to Karaoke all night.

.....

So we did.  We hopped a train to Shibuya to go to karaoke!



On the phone on the train...Bad Aya!

Before we went into the Karaoke place, we stopped off at a store.  Looked around a bit, then headed up.

It was a lot of fun.  I actually sang songs, which I don't usually do.  I'm very nervous about it, because I'm not good.  So I usually don't participate.  But I did this time.  And it was great.

We sang for a long time.  

Eventually Takumi fell asleep.

Then not long after, Chiho fell asleep too.

I was drifting, but managed to stay up with Aya.  It was hard but doable.

At some point I decided to try a song in Japanese.  So I did Mail Me, which I know from the Suicide Club Soundtrack.  Aya and Chiho did not know it, so when I had a hard time they couldn't help.

Later though, I succeeded at Otakebi Boy WAO! by Berryz Koubou, and Forever Love by X JAPAN.  Accomplishments.

Sorry it's so dark.

Chiho asleep.
Eventually 5o'clock rolled around (When the trains start running again), so we decided to get up and go.  Takumi had work, but Chiho and Aya had the day off.  We were all tired, though.  So it was time to call it quits.

It's really something walking around Shibuya at 5am.  There are still people, but it is the deadest you will ever see it.

It's almost eerie.



Really big Japanese Crows roam the streets.  They're HUGE.  It's scary.  One was about two feet away from my face looking down at me.  I thought I'd die.

Now is our time.

We were all a little peckish, so we headed to a little restaurant for breakfast.  They had cheap specials, so it was a good deal.

You crack the egg open in the rice with some soy sauce and mix it up.

Unfortunately part way through my stomach started to hurt, and I had to explain to Aya that I don't eat breakfast usually.  It hurts me to eat so early, sleepless or not.



Eventually we headed out, and I decided it was as good a time as any to snap a photo of the wall by the Hachiko Gate.

Usually there are a lot of people blocking it, so it was a great opportunity.  Isn't it cool?


Then onto the train.  Aya and I were going to meet her friend in Harajuku at 11, but her friend canceled, so she said she'd e-mail me plans when she woke up.  I gratefully agreed, and we headed our separate ways.

On the train, as I looked in my bag I realized something bad.

I forgot my keys in my room at home.

And it was a weekday...so my room mate Kim left the room at 4am...and probably locked the door.

....Shit.

When I got home, sure enough...the door was locked.

So I sat in the living room, upset.  Til I youtubed how to pick a lock on my Ipod...

It took a couple tries, and the sacrifice of a hair clip...

But I am not a certified criminal~!  WoO!!

Then...I went straight to bed. 

♥ Myshappy

Teaser:  Yokohama

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like fuuuun~! I LOVE the pictures of you guys at 5am. It is kind of eery. o.O

    ReplyDelete