5.06.2012

Day 5 - Impromptu Harajuku trip

The day started off waking up at 7am again!  Shocker~  Then getting up at 8, because I'm trying to say screw you to the man, and sleep.  Look how well it's going.

So I got up, eventually, and decided to sit around on the computer.  Like every day.  I really shouldn't have to write it any more.  If I'm not doing something specific, I'm online.  

Anyways!  I got hungry, so I put on a facemask, pulled my hair back, and headed down to the Family Mart for some breakfast.  Every morning, I swear there's a new employee in there.  Maybe I should start keeping count...
So badass, right? lmao.
I pondered around to figure out what I wanted, and settled on two salmon musubi, an apple creme danish, and some cocoa.  Cold cocoa, yum.


So I sat at home, and ate, while considering what to do for the day.  My mess of make up on the desk was bothering me, so I decided a trip to the 100en shop for some baskets was in order.  Not a bad idea, in retrospect.  So I headed out.

This was where my stomach started hurting, so I suspect I might actually be lactose intolerant.  Since the cocoa, I haven't had anything to drink with milk in it just in case.  No stomach pains yet.  But it might just be a coincidence.


Nothing really extraordinary happened on the way.  There was a long line to the Shrine because of the holidays.  Golden Week does that to you.

So I went to the store and got two baskets, and a little deco pen for my mirror.  It was boring and bland, so I just wanted to add a little something to it.  It's less boring now, but still needs work.  Will photography later.

I headed back home, and sat around talking to Amanda a little more before finally deciding to just head out. I wanted to go to the Tower Records in Shibuya, and maybe make a trip to Harajuku (I hadn't decided).  So I grabbed my things and headed out the door, down to the train.

It didn't take long to arrive.  Just a few minutes.  But I snapped a shot or two of the platform.


She looks like she's walking out off the platform!

It wasn't too crowded so luckily I got a seat.  I really hate it when I'm tired and the train is crowded. It's happened more than once where I walked around all day in heels, then had to stand on the train.  Not so much fun.  Doable, but not fun.  

Once in Shibuya, I headed out the direction I thought the building might be and went for it.  And lucky me!  I went the right way!  I knew it would be big, but I didn't expect so many full levels of a genre.  The J-indies floor was like heaven.  I wandered around that one for a while.

And I got some pictures of the Ebichu display!  Ebichu is short for 私立恵比寿中学 or Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku.  They're a newer Idol group from the same company as Momoiro Clover Z.  Like the cute little sister group!  I happen to really like idol groups, and have a lot of friends who keep me up to date with the idol world, so when I saw the awesome Ebichu display I had to take pictures~

My favorite, Aiai!


There were even signed cutouts~  So cute!

Lucky for me I wasn't the only one taking photos of it, so I didn't feel like a weirdo!  Then I went to find Yohio!

If you didn't know, Yohio is a 16 year old Swedish rocker who recently got his solo career started in Japan.  He's originally from the band Seremedy.  So far I think he's had very good reception in Japan!  His mini album came out last month, and it's really great~  So I had to find it. 

And buy it!  Dvd version go!

Even with a little signed message in front of the CDs!

I wandered around a bit more and bought another CD or two (picture at the very bottom of the post!)


Afterwards I wandered around for a WHILE.  Not really sure what to do.  I only went into a few stores, as it was very crowded and I was alone.  Next time I'll have to bring someone.  Shopping solo isn't as fun as it sounds.

Like a P I M P.


The entrance to a little food area.


Before all the people...

After all the people...


When I headed back down to the train station, there were to guys playing music on the stage.  Very cute and pop.  They're called Alma Kaminiito!  Go look them up, they have good voices and are crazy cute.  Especially the guy on the right.  When they finished they were like "Okay.  You have to remember our name.  So say it.  Alma Kaminiito! And...say it! Alma Kaminiito!  Thank you!!"

Very cute.

So, deciding why not, I hopped the train to Meiji Jingumae Station (Harajuku).

It was one stop away, so not bad.  I just didn't want to walk and get lost.  Don't judge me.  When I got there, I knew I needed to find the Laforet h.Naoto store.  Just because I love his clothes, and wanted to see an actual store.  So I picked a direction and went it. 

It was getting pretty hot, so I decided to take a left into a shopping center to get out of the sun...and what do you know!  Laforet!

I was surprised how quickly I found it, honestly.  I thought it would take me ages.

It was pretty busy too.  Being Saturday in Golden Week.  So I wandered around.  The lower levels are where it's at when you go in there.  But I felt really awkward. Mostly because I was alone.  Alone and boring casual, really.  

Only at one of the shops did anyone try to talk to me.  An accessory shop, which I didn't get the name of.   Both employees walked up to me and asked in Japanese if Japanese was okay.  I told them a little, so they explained the sale and told me to look around.  The female employee complimented my tattoo, and showed me here.  It was cool, and she designed it herself.  I was impressed.  I don't think I could get my own art tattooed on me.  I always hate it shortly afterwards!

I looked at the h.Naoto shop a little, but couldn't really because there was a group of girls standing in the way gossiping and looking snobby.  The designer Mint showed up while I was there, which surprised me.  By then though I was leaving, so I didn't get to talk to him.

Around the corner was the Like an Edison shop, and a Yohio poster on the outside~  So cool!  So I had to go in.  And I found a little spot dedicated to him.


Cool signed things.  How many things in Tokyo have your signature, Yohio?!


Cool things I just wanted to take home.

Heading out of Laforet, I just wandered aimlessly.  Making sure I stayed on line with the station, of course.  I wandered down and got a snap of the Forever 21.  Exactly the same as America.   Almost good for me,  but just not.


I continued wandering til I came across a side street with a sign hanging over it saying "Harajuku St."  so I figured why not try it.  I was overall just trying to find Closet Child, and maybe it would be down there.  I forgot to map it out before I left.  Mostly because I didn't expect to really go to Harajuku.  Just Shibuya.

I ended up finding the Atelier Pierrot, so I had to go in.  The clothes are so cute~  But I don't really wear most of the style, so unfortunately it's sort of lost on me.  But the accessories!  Oh the accessories!  There was a matching ring set, and earring set that I could die for.  I may have to go back and get them.  It's two connected rings with a diamond card suit on one, and the white rabbit on the other.  The same with the earring.  Red diamond and white rabbit connected by a chain.

Ungh.

It was almost too painful for me.  I did end up buying the most perfect for me earring ever.  It's a two piece connected by a chain, with a spiderweb on one side, and a butterfly with a red rose on the center on the other, connected by a red beaded chain.

Photos in my next post.

After leaving the store I started to wander and think about heading home.  I walked about 10 feet before glancing to the side and thinking "Hey, h.naoto + Harajuku!  Maybe I'll--"

And my heart stopped.  My feet kept walking, but my heart stopped.

I don't know how!  I really don't!  But Naoto himself was in that store.  

The store I accidentally found had the designer in it.  

Yeah.  I couldn't go in.  I had to calm down.  So I walked over to the puppy store.



They were cute puppies.  That one in the pictures jumped up and down like crazy and yapped every time someone walked by.  Also:  Puppy clothes!!!!



Look!  Grafitti!

Yes, that was me stalling.  In real life, and in the post.  I wandered for about 2 minutes before I decided I needed to go in.

So I headed in, and Naoto was helping a girl near the dressing room, so I wandered around and looked at things.  I really was just looking at things, I promise.  Not being a creep.  There were some gorgeous pieces that I really just adored.  I ended up trying on two of them later.

I tried very deliberately to stay out of the way, and not to go too close.  For all I knew he would walk by and be all "irasshaimase~" and leave.  So Whatever right?  Yeah.

I looked at the clothes, and got sort of ignored.  People just assume you can't speak Japanese, I guess.  Most of the foreign customers who come in probably just look and gawk and leave.  Understandable.

Eventually, while I'm looking at clothes, I head footsteps and a "Ah!" from beside me.  To be honest, I can't remember the entirety of the conversation, or how the words went....but he was surprised.  And he remembered me!  I was still in shock, and couldn't really do Japanese.  So we spoke in english. 

I told him I was surprised he remembered me, and he was like "It was only...two weeks ago?"  I told him that it was a month.  He asked why I was in Japan, and if I was alone.  I told him I was, but I was visiting friends.  Though I came to Harajuku alone.  He seemed a bit surprised by that.  He also seemed to think it was odd I was staying in Nihombashi.  Well sorry it's weird!

We chatted about a few things, like the stores.  How many he had, and where, and that this one was decently big.  I didn't realize there was a second story, so he took me upstairs to see the other clothes up there. Sixh and Hangry & Angry.  Some more chatting. 

At one point, a large group of girls came upstairs, loudly chatting away, laughing and being a little crude.  The made it all the way up the stairs before any of them realized that Naoto was there.  To which they were all surprised. and a little mortified that they had just done that.  I couldn't help but laugh.  

Eventually one of the women working there came to help me, trying her best at english.  She was very good!  She kept denying it.  But she was.  And we were wearing the same shirt!  I had worn my Gramm shirt, just because I like it.  

She was very nice, and very sweet, and told me things about some of the clothes.  Or what matched what.  She even helped my to the dressing room to try on a few dresses.

I even ended up buying one.  (Stay tuned to a later post of shopping goodies.)

Naoto disappeared for a while, so I didn't bother trying to say good buy.  

I even got to buy the dress tax free for being a visitor.  Score!  The woman, who's name I never got, informed me that Z8, one of the designers for Gramm was there, and I could take a picture with her if I wanted.  So of course I did!


I was so surprised!

I thanked them, and headed out.  Still a little amazed.

Naoto had explained to me that it was the one day he was in the +Harajuku store, because it was Golden Week.  So he had been doing in store visits every day.  The other designers too.  

How was it even possible that I accidentally stumbled across the store he was going to be in, on the day I randomly decided to go to Harajuku?


Well, I decided to go home.  Mostly because it was getting on in hours, and I wasn't feeling well.

I hadn't eaten in about 8 or 9 hours, and when I had before it wasn't too much.  I also walked around a lot, in the sun.  I was feeling rather bad, by the time I headed home.  When I was in the shop too, but I was determined not to pass out or anything, so I survived.  But as the time went on...

Guard doing his duty!
The second I got back to Suitengumae I headed up to go to McDonalds, and ordered some food.  Again, the girl spoke to me in english.  By then I was over it.

And I did something I haven't done in around 8 years...

I ate pork...

Teriyaki burger.

Messy!

To prove I did eat some of it.
I haven't eaten pork of beef since the beginning of High school.  But I told Yoko that I would try a teriyaki burger, so I got one.  

It was actually pretty good.  But in retrospect I should have waited til a day when I was feeling well.  Because it only made me feel a little worse.

So ill feeling that I couldn't eat any more of it.

I headed back to my room, where my roommate Kim was on her computer. She asked how my day went, and what I did.  So I explained.  We had a long conversation about shopping, and piercings, and all of that cool stuff.  She asked when I was leaving, and I told her the end of the month.  So she said we had to go out to eat some time.  Of course I agreed.

I didn't feel really well, but on twitter I saw Miyavi post a picture of the Super Moon.  So I looked out thw window and....nothing.  

So I got shoes on, and a new shirt, and headed out to go capture it on camera!

Making faces by the elevator.

It took a while, and I couldn't see it from my side of the Sumidagawa Ohashi, so I walked to the other side!




There it is!  Not so Super looking though....



When I got back home, I dinked around for a little, then went to bed.  

I was exhausted.  

It did start me on making sure I didn't drink milk products for a little.  Just to make sure.  So we'll see how that goes.

MAD LM.C!!!! YOHIO!!! EBICHU!!!!

♥Myshappy

Teaser: .....tornado?

2 comments:

  1. Bah~! Amazing!!! H. Naoto! Mad Lm.c! mfdskLHJfskd;lhja

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like you are having an amazing time! I really want the Yohio album bad! I hope I can find it online. He is so adorable and to be V-kei from Sweden! Amazing! <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete